Thursday, September 18, 2014

End of Summer Reads

Summer is coming to an end on September 23rd this year. I myself am looking forward to everything fall like the cool weather, pumpkin flavoured foods, cute boots and sweaters, and of course Halloween. If you want to squeeze in some last minute summer books to remind you of what is ending (hot weather, sandy beaches, summer flings) then I recommend the following short summer reads that I have read this summer:

Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Second Star is a Peter Pan retelling that is set in the surfer towns in California. It follows the story of Wendy looking for her two lost bothers. While it may not be the best book on this list, it is the one that I think of first when I think about summer because of the sand, surf and the summer love.

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

I just finished this one up today, while writing this post. While it is the darkest book on this list it still made me think of summer, due to the summer parties, the summer romance and the happiness towards the end of the book.

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This book is the least upbeat compared to the others on this list. There is alot of swimming and summer activity here which makes it a good summer book. Plus, its set in the whole summer from start to finish.

Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I know this book is not set in summer but I love it anyways. Most of the best scenes are outside and there is a great romance. It's a good short summer read.

Hopefully these books will fill up your summer meter for the rest of 2014. If you aren't already sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment