Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Half Life of Molly Pierce

You take it for granted. Waking up. Going to school, talking to your friends. Watching a show on television or reading a book or going out to lunch.

You take for granted going to sleep at night, getting up the next day, and remembering everything that happened to you before you closed your eyes.

You live and you remember.

Me, I live and I forget.

But now—now I am remembering.  


 
The Half Life of Molly Pierce is about a girl who loses blocks of time in her life with no memory of what happened during the time she blacks out. She feels like she is going crazy and no one can give her an answer why. She tries to hide it as much as possible but life forces her to confront her past and to not hide anymore.
I love this book, I'm on a mental health in books kick right now. The last three books I read were about some mental condition and this one is no less different. I won't go into a lot of details but this book really made me think. There are times in every person's life when they feel like they are going crazy, like if one more thing happens they are going to snap. Or what if you are already crazy and everyone else knows but you don't know. I love this book for not being afraid to address the issue.
This book also had a way of writing characters that even though you may not trust them you still end up loving them.
This is a five star book for me. I hope you give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment