Monday, November 10, 2014

Nanowrimo 2014

Nanowrimo: When I first heard this word I giggled. It didn't make any since to me. It seemed like a long made up word. But after hearing more information I finally got it. Nanowrimo is short for National Novel Writing Month. It runs each and every November and the goal is to write as much as you can towards your novel. Each day will have a word count goal on total words in your novel so far. The total goal for the 30 days is 50,000 words with one day having a total of 10,000 words. It is a goal that I think very highly of because I am very horrible writer. I love to read and I love stories but when it comes to actually writing I think that I have little to no writing skills. Plus its hard for me to actually commit to writing a story, I always want to change the names of the characters or how its written (1st or 3rd person), or the plot itself. Sometimes I think the stuff I've written is too rough or violent or at other times too soft and cheesy. I can never commit. Its sad but its true. Plus I always start to write and then forgot where I'm at and lose the drive or the focus that I had. Its very frustrating. So because of these reasons I really respect the people that do Nanowrimo. I wanted to join this year but I forgot about it until it was too late to sign up. But the nice thing is that Nanowrimo is inspiring me to write more and just play around with writing. Who knows, maybe I can publish a short story or some form of book or ebook.

 If you would like to get more information on how Nanowrimo works click the link below:
http://nanowrimo.org/how-it-works

Veronica Roth wrote a very great pep talk, to get readers inspired to be writers. I really recommend reading it if you get the time:
http://nanowrimo.org/pep-talks/veronica-roth

No comments:

Post a Comment