Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Silver Linings Playbook



This is one of those books that has been on my to-read list since I started Goodreads. My best book friend (or BBF for short) has been trying to get me to read this for over a year. Everyone online has loved this book, so much so that a movie was made about with book with two of my favorite Hollywood people (eyecandy Bradley Cooper and the amazing Jennifer Lawrence). But I kept putting it off and saying"I'll just read it later". Well, later has finally come and I am glad it has. The Silver Linings Playbook is the story of Pat Peoples. I don't like to know anything about a book before I read it except a general synopsis, so if you are like me and haven't read it yet then leave not. No spoilers but I will talk about the plot so if you want to avoid it that then you have been warned. (You can also skip to after the picture of the cover if you like to see the recap).

First lets talk about the updated cover. Since the movie came out they changed the cover for the better. While I haven't seen the movie I am in love with this cover. Its kinda hard to see, but while the cover is in black and white (except the title), the eyes of both characters are shown. While it has little affect in photo form it has a major affect on the cover. In fact, every time before I would read I would stare at eyes on the cover. I know its kinda creepy, but I love the eyes. I even had a photo I edited a couple years ago in B/W with just my dog's brown eyes showing. Its one of my favorite pictures of him.
This book takes you on a roller coaster ride through the eyes of Pat, who happens to be one of the nicest people who I have read as a main character. He is kind and caring and all you want is for him to get the happy ending that he deserves. I adore the kind of stories that keep you guessing, wondering what is true, what is real. This book only tells you what you need to know when you need to know it and I love it so much more for doing that. Its torturous at the time because you want to know what is happening right then and now, but at the end you respect the author and enjoy the suspense and the thrill of not knowing and waiting.


Overall, if you haven't read this yet then its worth reading. Even though it's not a Young Adult book it still reads as one. The story of Pat and his friend Tiffany are very entertaining. In fact, I loved this book so much that it was the reason I wanted to start a blog. I wanted to tell others who were maybe on the fence how much I love this book. Please check it out if you get the chance.








No comments:

Post a Comment